Issue 55 - March 2010
The Society's quarterly Soundings newsletter is circulated to all members of THS UK by post. If you would like receive regular copies of Soundings please consider becoming a member.
Soundings is now also available by direct subscription - for further information contact email@example.com.
No. 55 - February 2010
Table of contents
- From the Chairman
- Membership News
- Membership News - Emeritus Membership
- Around the Regions - South West
- Around the Regions - Southern
- Around the Regions - Scotland & Middle East
- Around the Regions - North West
- Feature - Discover Oceanography
- In Memory of - Rear Admiral Sir David Haslam
- Events in Focus - Hydrography and Marine Spatial Data Infrastructure
- Events in Focus - Civil Hydrography Annual Seminar 2010
- Events in Focus - World Hydrography Day 2009
- News from the RN Surveying Service
- The Travails of Odysseus
- Feature - Aitcho Island
Cover: A personnel basket - frequently known as a Billy Pugh - is commonly used to transfer personnel between service vessels, ships and platforms.