Issue 52 - October 2006
The Society's quarterly Soundings newsletter is circulated to all members of THS UK by post. If you would like receive regular copies of Soundings please consider becoming a member.
Soundings is now also available by direct subscription - for further information contact email@example.com.
No. 52 - October 2006
Table of contents
- From the Chairman
- Membership News
- Obituary - George Darling
- Around the Regions - Scotland and Southern
- Around the Regions - South West and Middle East
- Feature - The Civil Hydrography Programme
- Feature - Alert! Trinity House launches new vessel
- News from the RN Surveying Service
- Feature - Professional Indemnity Insurance and the Hydrographer
- Feature - The National Historic Ships Committee
- The Travails of Odysseus
Cover: Since 2004 Metocean Services International has been contracted to deploy various oceanographic monitoring moorings in support of drilling campaigns north of the 948km Russian island of Sakhalin, situated north of Japan. In July 2006 MSI recovered four winter moorings - ADCP (top) and ice profiling (bottom) - and a 100% data return was achieved.