Issue 51 - July 2006
The Society's quarterly Soundings newsletter is circulated to all members of THS UK by post. If you would like receive regular copies of Soundings please consider becoming a member.
Soundings is now also available by direct subscription - for further information contact email@example.com.
No. 51 - July 2006
Table of contents
- From the Chairman
- Membership News
- Obituaries - Bob Downing and Nisbet Glen
- Around the Regions - South West
- Around the Regions - Southern
- Around the Regions - Scotland
- Feature - I K Brunel (1806-1859)
- Feature - ExplorOcean at the National Marine Aquarium
- The Travails of Odysseus
Cover: Trinity House's recently launched 39.3m rapid intervention vessel Alert, designed with buoy handling, wreck marking, towing and multibeam and sidescan surveying capabilities. Primarily deployed to respond to maritime incidents on the south east coast, she can also be used as a research platform, for hydrographic work and wreck investigations and for equipment sea trials.